Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville : Get a permit to install a heat pump or air conditioning unit
Heat Pump Installation in the City of Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville
Dear residents of Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville,
At AirGreen, we take pride in providing top-notch heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) services. We understand the significance of adhering to local regulations when installing equipment such as heat pumps. Here's a detailed guide on the rules to follow for heat pump installations in your beautiful municipality.
Permits and Required Documentation:
- Before any installation, it's essential to obtain the necessary permit.
- The permit application must be accompanied by a location plan for the equipment on your property.
- Visibility: Equipment, whether installed on the ground or on a flat roof, should not be visible from the street.
- Concealment: If the equipment is placed in the front yard, it must be hidden by a hedge of conifers or dense shrubs at least 1.5 meters in height. In the side yard, an opaque fence or landscaping primarily consisting of conifers is required.
- Distance: The equipment should be at least 2 meters away from your property boundaries. If placed between a facade wall and the front line, a minimum distance of 5 meters from the front line is necessary.
- Noise Levels: The noise emitted by the equipment must comply with Regulation SB-2004-21 concerning noise nuisances.
- Circuit: Water heat pumps must operate in a closed circuit.
For residences with 4 or more units:
- External wall installations of heat pumps are not permitted.
- If the heat pump is integrated into the wall, its thickness should not exceed 0.25 meters.
- For balconies, the following rules apply:
- Only one heat pump per unit is allowed.
- If a unit has multiple balconies, the heat pump should be installed on the balcony located in the side or rear yard.
- The heat pump should be at least 2 meters away from a neighboring window or balcony.
- Maximum dimensions are 0.4 meters in width, 1 meter in length, and 0.75 meters in height. Additionally, the narrower side of the device should face the street.
Your Responsibility: We'd like to emphasize that while we're here to guide and assist you, it's the client's responsibility to ensure compliance with all rules and obtain neighbors' agreement when necessary. Unless otherwise specified in the contract, obtaining the permit remains the client's responsibility. However, rest assured that we are always by your side to help and guide you every step of the way.
Thank you for your trust, and we look forward to working with you to meet your HVAC needs in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville.
The AirGreen Team.