City of Saint-Lambert : Get a permit to install a heat pump or air conditioning unit
Dear Residents of the City of Saint-Lambert,
Warm greetings from AirGreen! As your trusted partner for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) solutions, we are here to guide you through the crucial steps of installing your heat pump.
Essential Information on Permits and Authorization Certificates: If you are planning construction or renovation work, including the installation of heat pumps, be aware that these initiatives require a permit or an authorization certificate. Failure to comply with this requirement can result in a minimum fine of $300, plus associated fees, and may cause unexpected delays to your project.
Works Requiring an Authorization Certificate:
- Installation of heat pumps
- Installation of generators
- Installation of pool water heaters
- Installation of other mechanical devices
Specific Rules for Heat Pumps and Air Conditioning Units:
- Location: Devices may be installed in the front yard (excluding the front margin), side yard, or backyard, at a minimum distance of 2 meters from the property boundaries.
- Height: The maximum height of the device must be 1.2 meters, and it must be concealed from public view by a vegetative or acoustic screen not exceeding 1.5 meters in height.
- Noise Level: The noise emitted by the device must not exceed 50 decibels at any time, measured at the property boundary.
- Number of Devices: A maximum of two devices are allowed per dwelling unit for heating or air conditioning, and one additional device is permitted for pools.
Required Construction Permit: For the installation of heat pumps, air conditioning units, or pool water heaters, a construction permit is mandatory. The updated location plan provided by a surveyor must include:
- Cadastral identification of the land
- Location and dimensions of the land, main building, accessory buildings, device to be installed, and visual screen (if applicable)
- Distances between the device, property boundaries, and the main building
- Manufacturer’s document detailing the nature of the device
Important Note: Ventilation ducts and other mechanical devices (excluding window-installed air conditioning units) must not be visible from the outside, except at the rear of the main building.
Your Responsibility: We would like to emphasize that the responsibility for compliance with these rules and obtaining the necessary permits falls on you, our valued customers. This also includes obtaining agreement from your neighbors when required. Of course, AirGreen is available to offer advice and support in these procedures, unless specific provisions are stipulated in our contract. We are here to assist and guide you at every step of the process!
For any questions or assistance needed, please do not hesitate to contact AirGreen. We are at your service to ensure your comfort while adhering to the standards in place in Saint-Lambert.
Looking forward to serving you soon,
The AirGreen Team