CANADA GREENER HOMES GRANT
The Government of Canada's Greener Homes Program aims to help all Canadians live in more energy-efficient environments. Canada's Greener Homes initiative is not only helping homeowners save money and electricity, but also creating new jobs for energy advisors across Canada to better combat climate change.
You can get up to $5,600 from the federal government in subsidies for the purchase of a new ENERGY STAR® qualified wall-mounted or central mini split.
Note that for this subsidy program, it is necessary to make an appointment with a government EnerGuide evaluator both BEFORE and AFTER the installation of a new heat pump, whether wall-mounted or central. You must also remember that there are certain deadlines to consider, which means you have to register in advance. Especially if you plan to complete an installation during the summer or other high season, when you may be in most dire need of a mini split system.
This is the program that gives the most money for the installation of two or more wall-mounted heat pumps as well as for a double zone, triple zone, or a central heat pump system with a furnace. To benefit from this grant, you must ensure that the heat pump you plan to buy and have installed is on the list of eligible heat pumps. You must also be sure that your home meets the eligibility conditions of the program.
In general, the grant offers a total amount of:
- $3,100 for the installation of two (2) ENERGY STAR® rated heat pumps or for an ENERGY STAR® qualified Dual Zone (one compressor outside and two (2) indoor units).
- $5,600 for the installation of three (3) ENERGY STAR® rated heat pumps or for an ENERGY STAR® qualified Triple Zone (one compressor outside and three (3) indoor units).
- $5,600 for the installation of a complete ENERGY STAR® qualified central heat pump system with a furnace.
Types of eligible properties in Greater Montreal and throughout Quebec:
- Single-family and semi-detached houses
- Mobile homes on permanent foundations
- Houseboats permanently moored
- Buildings with multiple uses (for residential part only)
- Small multi-unit residential buildings (three stories or less with a floor area of 600 m2 or less)
- Unfortunately, new houses are currently not eligible for this grant, but there are other grant options available to homeowners.
Select an efficient central or mini split heat pump and take advantage of financial assistance from the Government of Canada of up to $5,600.
The installation of your central or wall-mounted mini split must absolutely be carried out by a professional company that has all the necessary certifications and RBQ licenses, for you to be entitled to the subsidy as well as the warranty. AirGreen is here to help.
Click here to see the list of ENERGY STAR® qualified heat pumps eligible for financial assistance (Updated January 21, 2023).
Visit the Canadian Greener Homes Initiative website. You will find all the information concerning the eligibility conditions and the procedures to follow to be entitled to the subsidy in Greater Montreal and throughout Quebec. You can also contact us for details at 514-316-2973.
For questions about the federal Greener Homes Program, please call program support at 1-833-674-8282 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is very important to find out from the source for all grant programs since they change very often. It is not uncommon for the various governments, Hydro-Québec or Énergir to change the eligibility criteria several times a year, so it is highly recommended to ask them questions directly, that's what they are there for. We also invite you to check with AirGreen for the latest program updates.
Consult the other programs offered by the Government of Canada or the Government of Quebec to ensure that you take full advantage of all the grants and subsidies that are available to you. There are several and the more you inform yourself, the more you will save!