Air Exchanger VENMAR AVS® K10 SERIES 44502 Greater Montreal
- Energy Star®: Oui
- Warranty (Core-Motor-Parts): ∞-5-5
- Voltage: 115 V
- PCM/CFM - @ 0.2”:
- Maximum sensible recovery efficiency:
- Defrost cycle:
VENMAR AVS® K SERIES™ HRV 95 CFM 66% SRE K10 44502 (side ports)
AirGreen, a Montreal-based HVAC company, takes pride in delivering top-tier HVAC solutions. We extend our services across Greater Montreal, Laval, Longueuil, South Shore, and North Shore. Our website features an Air Exchanger section where we offer a variety of Venmar Air Exchangers. A standout product in this category is the VENMAR AVS® K SERIES™ HRV 95 CFM 66% SRE K10 44502 (side ports).
The K10 HRV is the epitome of engineering excellence. Its design perfectly caters to condominiums, apartments, and other compact spaces that demand up to 90 CFM of continuous ventilation. Given its small stature and 4-inch ports, it fits perfectly in confined spaces such as closets or a mechanical room placed above a hot water tank.
- Simplified Installation: The K10 HRV weighs a mere 30 lb. (13.6 kg), which allows for installation without having to open the unit. It features pressure taps, balancing dampers, integrated hooks, and port straps that expedite the installation process. Its removable terminal block enables quicker wall control connections.
- Superior Silence: The K10 HRV hosts a single fan system, setting it apart from its counterparts in terms of noise reduction. The single fan feature significantly lowers operational noise, providing you with a quieter indoor environment.
- Guaranteed Longevity: The K10 HRV is backed by a robust 5-year warranty that covers parts. The heat recovery core is covered by a limited lifetime warranty, given that the original proof of purchase is maintained.
K10 HRV: A Cube with Character
With its unparalleled air flow, the K10 HRV addresses the ventilation requirements of larger homes while maintaining the ease of installation consistent with other models in the series. Its compact size and 4-inch vertical or horizontal ports allow it to be installed in small spaces such as a closet or a furnace room above a hot water tank.
Despite having a single fan, the K10 HRV offers quieter operation than any comparable HRV on the market. Weighing only 30 lb (13.6 kg), it can be installed without needing to open the unit. It comes with pressure taps, balancing dampers, integrated hooks, and belts to connect ducts to ports to simplify installation.
All parts of the K10 HRV that may require maintenance can be removed in less than 5 minutes, allowing quick access for easy maintenance. The motor, equipped with a permanent capacitor, is lubricated for life.
The K10 HRV is covered by a 5-year warranty on parts only, while the heat recovery core is covered by a limited lifetime warranty with the original proof of purchase.
Operating this unit is simplicity itself. Once installed, press the button on the upper left side of the unit to select high or low speed or to stop the unit. The LED (located under the button) will then display the mode of the unit.
For added convenience, this unit can also be controlled by an optional main control. Consult the Wall Control Compatibility Chart (on the last pages of the wall control specification sheet) for a complete list of available optional main and auxiliary controls, at www.venmar.ca.
The K10 HRV offers a complete range of grills and diffusers, as well as auxiliary electric heating. It also features an exclusive wall mounting bracket (no. 19255).
The K10 HRV employs a recirculation defrost method, maintaining balanced air pressure in the house. If a ventilation demand is made by an auxiliary wall control during the defrost cycle, it is put on hold while the air is exchanged, ensuring no humid air is recirculated.
Heat Recovery Core
The K10 HRV features a heat recovery core with dimensions of 10" x 10" x 5.5" and weighing only 4 lb. This cross-flow core is made of polypropylene, guaranteeing durability and efficient heat transfer. The heat recovery core is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
Standards and Requirements
The K10 HRV complies with several key requirements and standards. It meets UL 1812 requirements for the installation of Heat Recovery Ventilators, CSA C22.2 No. 113 standard applicable to ventilators, and CSA F326 requirements for the installation of Heat Recovery Ventilators. Its performance has been tested according to CSA C439 standards, and it is HVI certified.
- Model: K10 HRV
- Housing: Pre-painted steel
- Speed Control on Unit: Low speed and high speed (Other modes available with optional wall controls)
- Part Number: 44502
- Insulation: Expanded polystyrene
- Total Assembled Weight (including polypropylene core): 30 lb (13.6 kg)
- 4” Round Ports
- Drain: 1/2” (1.2 cm) fitting with 10 ft. (3 m) PVC drain hose
- Core Filters: 2 washable foam filters, 30 ppi, 9.2” x 5.75” x 0.38”
- Supply and Exhaust Blower Motor: 1 motor - Protection type: Thermally protected
- Heat Recovery Core:
- Heat Exchange Surface Area: 42.3 ft.2 (3.9 m2)
- Type: Crossflow
- Material: Polypropylene
- Unit Electrical Characteristics: Volts: 120, Frequency: 60 Hz, Ampere: 0.6, Watts: 72
At AirGreen, we are dedicated to delivering unparalleled HVAC solutions designed for your comfort and well-being. Choose AirGreen for an unmatched HVAC experience.